Located in one of the most traditional villages in Sintra, Catribana, this accommodation was rebuilt in April 2018. With capacity up to 4 persons, all the details have been thought in order to give the best experience possible. The house consists in 1 living area, 1 fully equipped kitchen, 1 bathroom and 1 double bedroom.
Heating system, Wi-Fi & cable TV, towels & bed sheets will be available, free of charge.
The nearest beach, Samarra Beach, is located at 1,6 Km, a 6 minutes drive.
This accommodation has one living area with flat & cable TV, seating area and a double sofa bed. A fully equipped kitchen will be found with all the details needed for cooking, including a washing machine for clothes and a dining area. The bathroom has a shower, toilet, wash basin, tiled floor and a small window to the exterior. A double bedroom will be also available, featuring a storing area.
The garden area, one of the most important spaces in this house, located on the front side of the accommodation, was made in order to achieve a cozy and beautiful outdoor space, featuring one table and four seats.
Sintra historic center and Ericeira, can be reach in a 20 min drive.
- Once a booking is made, the guest will be reserving the all property;
- Self Check-in system with code on the property;
- One heating device will be available on the property;
- Fully equipped kitchen, including washing machine;
- Wi-Fi & Satellite TV available, free of charge;
- Baby cot available upon request;
- Towels & bed sheets available, free of charge;
- Parking space available in front of the property, free of charge;
- Please smoke outside and use the ashtray;
THE SURROUNDING AREA
Catribana is a small rural village in the municipality of Sintra.
The village is ancient and its name was Catribanc, whose origin is in Catarivanc, that most probably meant bridge in the Muslim era.
Indeed, the village proudly boasts a magnificent bridge and a set of Roman roads. The whole is known as "Calçada e Ponte Romanas e Azenhas na Catribana" and is classified as a patrimony of public interest.
It should also be noted that on the left bank of the river there were traces of a Roman-Lusitanian cemetery, and on the right bank of the Neolithic settlement - 3500/3000 BC.
In the midst of the natural landscape of the Sintra - Cascais Natural Park, Catribana is still an oasis of calm and tranquility, right at the gates of Lisbon.
Although the nearest beach is Samarra Beach (1,6 Km), more than 5 beaches can be reach in a 15 min drive.
HOW TO REACH THE ACCOMMODATION
Sintra has a good rail link with Lisbon, and good bus routes to the surrounding area. We have one beach very close that can be reached by foot. There are many beautiful walks to be experienced along the coast. If you decide to rent a car or bring your own, we have three parking spaces inside the property.
We are completely available to explain how to get to the windmill by car from a specific location.
From Lisbon by public transportation:
- Catch the subway in the airport to Rossio subway station;
- Catch the train in Rossio train station to Sintra;
- Get out in Portela de Sintra train station (penultimate station) and catch the bus 443 in front (Portela de Sintra - Catribana);
- Get out on the last bus stop that is located right in front of the house (20 meters distance);