The manor house is located 5km from the town centre, and has its roots back in the sixteenth century. It has been kept in same family for generations, and was lovingly restored by the current owners maintaining the original architecture and feel. The house is surrounded by a private woodland, and an extensive lawn with swimming pool. It's the perfect starting point to discover the charms of the Minho region, in Northern Portugal, as well the neighbouring region of Galicia, in Spain, with lively towns like Vigo or Santiago de Compostela.
- Casa900 m²
- Casas de banho3
- W/Cs separados1
- Mínimo2 - 3 Noite(s)
Traditional manor house 5km from the town centre. 4 double/twin rooms, sleeps 9
Rosário Sá Coutinho
- Taxa de Resposta:
- Tempo de Resposta:
- No prazo de 1 dia
- Inglês, Francês, Espanhol, Italiano
- Última Atualização do Calendário:
Casas de banho
Tipo de Localização
Sala de jantar
Piscina / Spa
Actividades de Lazer
Atividades de Desporto e de Aventura
Regras da Casa
Política de Cancelamento
100% de reembolso se cancelado pelo menos 14 dias antes da data de chegada. 50% de reembolso se cancelado pelo menos 7 dias antes da data de chegada. Deve contactar o proprietário diretamente para solicitar o cancelamento.
A beautiful historic house in a lovely part of Portugal
It was lovely to meet Antonia and her niece Rosario and to have the pleasure of staying in the family home. The house is full of character with some beautiful features and has been sympathetically restored (not suitable, however, for those in need of all mod-cons on holiday - fortunately not an issue for us!). The house and pool were well maintained during our stay. The location was great, just outside the pretty historic town of Ponte de Lima and within easy reach of a good supermarket. Also an easy drive to the mountains, beach and other towns so good for exploring the region.
Picturesque Spot and Full of Character
- A lovely spot with mountain views and a peaceful, pastoral atmosphere;
- The pool is lovely and well tended;
- The manor house provides plenty of space for a family and has a great atmosphere of old-world charm and family history;
- Easy access to various tourist attractions e.g.; beaches, Porto, Braga, Galicia, national parks, horses, vineyards and restaurants
- Very friendly and helpful owners
- Clean and neat
- No air conditioning or fans, not even a window unit or two for the bedrooms on hotter days
- Lack of comfortable/new lounge furniture; much of the living room furniture seems a bit old and has lost its cushion;
- In need of new mattresses on all the beds (current ones are serviceable but are lumpy and hard);
- Bedrooms could use new carpeting
- The kitchen worked well for us but could use a full-size oven for nights people choose to dine-in, and the refrigerator seemed to struggle to maintain its temperature.
Thank you so much for your comments and kind words. We will take everything into account!
A partir do Porto, tome a A3 em direcção a Braga/Valença. Saia para Ponte de Lima e siga a estrada principal que contorna a vila até chegar à quarta rotunda. Siga em frente em direcção a Freixo por mais 700m e vire à esquerda na EM1254. Continue durante 900m até encontrar o portão da casa do lado direito da estrada.
Fale com o proprietário