- Apartamento75 m²
- Casas de banho2
- W/Cs separados0
- Estadia Mín.3 Noite(s)
Morten Rolfsen Wedén
- Taxa de Resposta:
- Tempo de Resposta:
- Dentro de algumas horas
- Inglês, Alemão, Sueco, Dinamarquês, Norueguês
- Última Atualização do Calendário:
Casas de banho
Tipo de Localização
Sala de jantar
Actividades de Lazer
Serviços e Negócios Locais
Atividades de Desporto e de Aventura
Comfortable, affordable, and convenient
We stayed here for 4 nights (2 adults, 3 kids) and had plenty of space. It feels like you're staying with a friend or relative in this basement apartment, and I mean that in a very good way. Very easy walk to the bus into town (or walk all the way), the park across the street is quite nice, and groceries, etc. are an easy walk as well.
Morten was a great host. He was there when we arrived and made us feel more than welcome, showing us around, giving info on how to get to town, how everything works, etc.
We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend.
It was a place to base for our time in Oslo
The property is both as described and reviewed. Not fancy, but it is reasonably priced and is conveniently located. Thanks.
Nice flat next to the park!
We had an enjoyable stay in the flat. The park across the street is a really great place to enjoy a picnic from the local bakery. Easy access into downtown Oslo with the city bus or to the airport via the Flybus. Morton and Gustav were great to work with and made the experience easy. Would definitely recommend.
A true home from home
We stayed in this apartment while visiting our son in Oslo and it was a real home from home. The location is perfect, within easy reach of everywhere, and Morten was extremely helpful and obliging. We will definitely return.
A spacious apartment, full of character
We stayed at Ovre Gate 5, an apartment on three floors with plenty of room for our party of three adults. It is part of an old building but the apartment has everything you need for a comfortable, winter stay in the city, including underfloor heating in the bathrooms and wood-burning stoves. The shops of Grunerlokka are very close and the city centre is only about 15 minutes walk away, with excellent tram and bus connections if you don't feel like walking
The property was not as nice as advertised
1. The location is excellent. There is a park across the street. The bus access to the Sentrum is excellent.
2. There is a grocery (Rema 1000) and a liquor outlet, Apent Backeri and pubs less than 10 minutes walk.
3. As noted in other reviews the baths have been recently updated and our very good.
4. We only marginally used the kitchen
5. The beds were very comfortable.
Cons: for the price.
1. To me this is not a ground floor flat, it is a basement walk down. It is all about 2 meters below ground level with high small windows.
2. The dank and damp smell noted in other reviews is still there when you enter the winder stairs down to the flat.
3. The internet was fast once we could get connected. (See power comment).
4. Both the host and his backup were out of town during our stay so onsite help was not available.
5. The power to the flat would overload the breakers and the power would go out. This shut down the internet until our host arrived home Sunday.
6. We could not get the oven in the main kitchen to work. There was a second kitchennett without an oven. Only one of the water kettles worked.
7. It was not cold during our stay so I do not know how the heating would work.
8. The decore of the flat reminded me of a university boy's party pad with some extra rooms. Basically a cheap reclaime of a basement so it could be let out as a temporary, VRBO. It was not dirty or trashed but it just had a once over for the next guests. Since the host is an interior designer, I think he can get it in decent condition.
Communicate with Morten thoroughly before reserving.
I am glad you liked the location, the park and the bus access and the availability to supermarket - and of course the beds and the baths.
From the description on the website and info-folder sent, it clearly describes this as a basement flat - maybe the guests didn't read it properly. (They neither read their air tickets properly neither - coming 24 hours later than agreed, leaving my son in limbo as I myself was abroad. Onsite help was therefore difficult).
The power of the flat did NOT overload, the reason for the power cuts was later discovered by electrician as a faulty underfloor heating cable in one of the new bathroom floors. This unfortunately disrupted both wifi and oven, but has now been rectified.
I can guarantee that the downstairs is not «a cheap reclaime of a basement so it could be let out as a temporary, VRBO». It is installed with underfloor water heating system, air-condition, grand wood burning stove, cinema projection and a great film library, LP- and DVD collection and a great sound system. That you consider it «a university boy’s part pad» - I take that as a compliment - even though I am NOT a interior designer as you claim!